2017 Mississippi Code
Title 89 - Real and Personal Property
Chapter 19 - Mississippi Conservation Easements
§ 89-19-9. Validity of easements not affected by certain conditions
- A conservation easement shall be valid despite the following:
- (a) It is not appurtenant to an interest in real property;
- (b) It may be or has been assigned to another holder;
- (c) It is not of a character that has been traditionally recognized at common law;
- (d) It imposes a negative burden;
- (e) It imposes affirmative obligations upon the owner of an interest in the burdened property or upon the holder;
- (f) The benefit does not touch or concern real property; or
- (g) There is no privity of estate or contract.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Mississippi may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.