2017 Mississippi Code
Title 89 - Real and Personal Property
Chapter 19 - Mississippi Conservation Easements
§ 89-19-7. Actions affecting easements
- (1) Any action to enforce a conservation easement may be brought by:
- (a) An owner of an interest in the real property burdened by the easement;
- (b) A holder of the easement;
- (c) A person having a third-party right of enforcement;
- (d) The Attorney General of the State of Mississippi;
- (e) The Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks; or
- (f) A person otherwise authorized and empowered by law.
- (2) This chapter does not, and shall not be construed to, affect the power of a court to modify or terminate a conservation easement in accordance with the principles of law and equity. In such proceeding, the holder of the conservation easement shall be compensated for the value of the easement.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Mississippi may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.