2017 Mississippi Code
Title 71 - Labor and Industry
Chapter 7 - Drug and Alcohol Testing of Employees
§ 71-7-21. Promulgation of rules by State Board of Health
- The State Board of Health shall adopt rules concerning:
- (a) Standards for drug and alcohol testing laboratory certification, suspension and revocation of certification;
- (b) Body specimens that are appropriate for drug and alcohol testing;
- (c) Methods of analysis and procedures to ensure reliable drug and alcohol testing results, including standards for initial tests and confirmatory tests;
- (d) Guidelines on how to establish cut-off detection levels for drugs or their metabolites for the purposes of determining a positive test result;
- (e) Chain-of-custody procedures to ensure proper identification, labeling and handling of specimens being tested; and
- (f) Retention and storage procedures to ensure reliable results on confirmation tests and retests.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Mississippi may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.