2017 Mississippi Code
Title 63 - Motor Vehicles and Traffic Regulations
Chapter 11 - Implied Consent Law
§ 63-11-37. Contents and disposition of record of conviction under § 63-11-30
- (1) It shall be the duty of the trial judge, upon conviction of a person under Section 63-11-30, to mail or otherwise deliver in a method prescribed by the commissioner a true and correct copy of the traffic ticket, citation or affidavit evidencing the arrest that resulted in the conviction and a certified copy of the abstract of the court record within five (5) days to the Commissioner of Public Safety at Jackson, Mississippi. The trial judge in municipal and justice courts shall show on the docket and the trial judge in courts of record shall show on the minutes:
- (a) Whether a chemical test was given and the results of the test, if any; and
- (b) Whether conviction was based in whole or in part on the results of such a test.
- (2) The abstract of the court record shall show the date of the conviction, the results of the test if there was one, and the penalty, so that a record of same may be made by the Department of Public Safety.
- (3) For the purposes of Section 63-11-30, a bond forfeiture shall operate as and be considered as a conviction.
- (4) A trial court clerk who fails to provide a true and correct copy of the traffic ticket, citation or affidavit evidencing the arrest that resulted in the conviction and a copy of the abstract of the court record within five (5) days of the availability of that information as required in subsection (1) of this section is guilty of a civil violation and shall be fined One Hundred Dollars ($ 100.00), for which civil fine the clerk bears sole and personal responsibility. Each instance of failure is a separate violation.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Mississippi may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.