2017 Mississippi Code
Title 49 - Conservation and Ecology
Chapter 15 - Seafood
Article 1 - General Provisions
§ 49-15-80. Vessels used to catch or transport fish; licensing and fees; nonresident reciprocity
- (1) (a) All vessels to be used in catching or transporting fish in the waters of the State of Mississippi for commercial purposes shall, before beginning operations, obtain an annual license from the commission and pay a license fee according to the following schedule:
- (i) All resident vessels engaged in commercial hook and line or gig fishing shall be issued an annual license by the commission at a fee of One Hundred Dollars ($ 100.00). All nonresident vessels engaged in commercial hook and line or gig fishing shall be issued an annual license by the commission at a fee of Four Hundred Dollars ($ 400.00). Each individual engaged in commercial hook and line or gig fishing must obtain a commercial fisherman license subject to the following license fees: One Hundred Dollars ($ 100.00) for a resident commercial fisherman license; or Four Hundred Dollars ($ 400.00) for a nonresident commercial fisherman license. If a duly licensed commercial hook and line or gig fishing vessel is engaged in commercial fishing, each individual aboard must possess a commercial fisherman license.
- (ii) A resident fee of One Hundred Dollars ($ 100.00) or a nonresident fee of Four Hundred Dollars ($ 400.00), on boats using trammel nets, gill nets or seines not more than one thousand two hundred (1,200) feet in length.
- (b) Beginning September 15, 1994, no nonresident shall be issued a commercial fishing license under this chapter for the taking of fish using any type of net if that nonresident's state of domicile prohibits the issuing of commercial fishing licenses to residents of this state to engage in like activity.
- (2) Each factory or manufacturing establishment engaging in the manufacture of oil, fish scrap, fish meal, fertilizer or other products from menhaden, shall pay a license fee of Five Hundred Dollars ($ 500.00).
- (3) Each boat or vessel engaging in the catching, taking or transporting menhaden in the waters of the State of Mississippi, the sum of One Hundred Dollars ($ 100.00) and shall pay Fifty Dollars ($ 50.00) on each net, seine, trawl or purse net used in catching or taking menhaden in the waters of the State of Mississippi.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Mississippi may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.