2017 Mississippi Code
Title 49 - Conservation and Ecology
Chapter 15 - Seafood
Article 1 - General Provisions
§ 49-15-34. Boats used in other states; license and fee requirements; transport permits

Universal Citation: MS Code § 49-15-34 (2017)
  • (1) The commission shall require all boats used under regulation of this chapter which are also used in waters of other states and required by those states to pay licenses or fees for the same purposes as licenses and fees are required under this chapter to purchase a license which reflects that the licensed boats are used inside and outside the territorial waters of Mississippi. Upon the issuance of that license, the licensed boat, if used exclusively for commercial fishing or charter boats which have been licensed and authorized by the United States Coast Guard under 46 CFR Sections 24-26 and 46 CFR Sections 175-187, shall be deemed to be in the business of interstate transportation, but this shall in no way affect the collection of other licenses and fees by the commission which would otherwise be due under this chapter. The commission shall assess and collect an annual license fee of Twenty Dollars ($ 20.00) on each boat engaged in operations under this subsection.
  • (2) Notwithstanding the provisions of this chapter, the commission shall establish a transport permit to land seafood in this state which is legally taken outside of the Mississippi territorial waters without obtaining a license under this chapter. The commission by regulation shall require the registration of those landings. The commission may establish a permit fee in an amount not to exceed the amount of the license fee established in Section 49-15-28(1). This subsection shall not be construed to supersede Section 49-15-71.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Mississippi may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.