2017 Mississippi Code
Title 47 - Prisons and Prisoners; Probation and Parole
Chapter 5 - Correctional System
Special Needs Prison Program of 1994
§ 47-5-1103. Definitions
- As used in Sections 47-5-1101 through 47-5-1123, unless the context otherwise requires:
- (a) "Commissioner" means the Commissioner of Corrections.
- (b) "Contractor" means any private entity entering into a contractual agreement with the commissioner to provide special needs facilities or correctional services to inmates under the custody of the department.
- (c) "Department" means the Department of Corrections.
- (d) "Special needs" means an inmate with diminished mental or physical health requiring specialized health care facilities or services. This does not include HIV positive inmates.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Mississippi may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.