There is a newer version of this Section
2017 Mississippi Code
Title 41 - Public Health
Chapter 29 - Poisons, Drugs and Other Controlled Substances
Article 7 - Interception of Wire or Oral Communications
§ 41-29-529. Civil action for violation of this article
Universal Citation: MS Code § 41-29-529 (2017)
- (1) A person whose wire, oral or other communication is intercepted, disclosed or used in violation of this article shall have a civil cause of action against any person who intercepts, discloses or uses or procures another person to intercept, disclose or use the communication, and is entitled to recover from the person:
- (a) Actual damages but not less than liquidated damages computed at a rate of One Hundred Dollars ($ 100.00) a day for each day of violation or One Thousand Dollars ($ 1,000.00), whichever is higher;
- (b) Punitive damages; and
- (c) A reasonable attorney's fee and other litigation costs reasonably incurred.
- (2) A good faith reliance on a court order is a complete defense to any civil or criminal action brought under this article.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Mississippi may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.