2017 Mississippi Code
Title 25 - Public Officers and Employees; Public Records
Chapter 9 - Statewide Personnel System
Personnel Administration System
§ 25-9-103. Principles applicable to administration of state personnel system
- The State Personnel Board herein established shall administer a state personnel system in accordance with the following principles:
- (a) To recruit, select and advance employees on the basis of their relative ability, knowledge and skills, including open consideration of qualified applicants for initial appointment;
- (b) To provide equitable and adequate compensation;
- (c) To train employees, as needed, to assure high quality performance;
- (d) To retain employees on the basis of the adequacy of their performance, to correct inadequate performance, and to separate employees whose inadequate performance cannot be corrected;
- (e) To assure fair treatment of applicants and employees in all aspects of personnel administration without regard to political affiliation, race, national origin, sex, religious creed, age or disability;
- (f) To assure that employees are free from coercion for partisan or political purposes and to prohibit employees from using their official authority for the purpose of interfering with or affecting the result of an election or a nomination for office;
- (g) To provide authority for the establishment and abolishment of employment positions within the departments, agencies and institutions covered under the provisions of this chapter.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Mississippi may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.