2017 Mississippi Code
Title 23 - Elections
Chapter 15 - Mississippi Election Code
Article 11 - Nominations
§ 23-15-297. Fee required to be paid upon entering race for party nomination
- All candidates upon entering the race for party nominations for office shall first pay to the proper officer as provided for in Section 23-15-299 for each primary election and all independent candidates and special election candidates shall pay to the proper officer as provided for in Section 23-15-299 the following amounts:
- (a) Candidates for Governor, One Thousand Dollars ($ 1,000.00).
- (b) Candidates for Lieutenant Governor, Attorney General, Secretary of State, State Treasurer, Auditor of Public Accounts, Commissioner of Insurance, Commissioner of Agriculture and Commerce, State Highway Commissioner and State Public Service Commissioner, Five Hundred Dollars ($ 500.00).
- (c) Candidates for district attorney, State Senator and State Representative, Two Hundred Fifty Dollars ($ 250.00).
- (d) Candidates for sheriff, chancery clerk, circuit clerk, tax assessor, tax collector, county attorney, county superintendent of education and board of supervisors, One Hundred Dollars ($ 100.00).
- (e) Candidates for county surveyor, county coroner, justice court judge and constable, One Hundred Dollars ($ 100.00).
- (f) Candidates for United States Senator, One Thousand Dollars ($ 1,000.00).
- (g) Candidates for United States Representative, Five Hundred Dollars ($ 500.00).
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Mississippi may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.