2016 Mississippi Code
Title 75 - Regulation of Trade, Commerce and Investments
Chapter 67 - Loans
Article 13 - Mississippi Credit Availability Act
§ 75-67-623. Suspending or revoking license; reinstatement; notice to law enforcement [Repealed effective July 1, 2018]
(1) The commissioner may, after notice and hearing, suspend or revoke a license if he finds that:
(a) The licensee, either knowingly, or without the exercise of due care to prevent the same, has violated any provision of this article;
(b) Any fact or condition exists which, if it had existed or had been known to exist at the time of the original application for the license, clearly would have justified the commissioner in refusing the license;
(c) The licensee has aided, abetted or conspired with an individual or person to circumvent or violate the requirement of this article;
(d) The licensee, or a legal or beneficial owner of the license, has been convicted of a crime that the commissioner finds directly relates to the duties and responsibilities of the business of offering credit availability transactions.
(2) The commissioner may conditionally license or place on probation a person whose license has been suspended or may reprimand a licensee for a violation of this article.
(3) The manner of giving notice and conducting a hearing as required by subsection (1) of this section shall be performed in accordance with procedures prescribed by the commissioner in rules or regulations adopted under the Mississippi Administrative Procedures Law, Section 25-43-1 et seq.
(4) Any licensee may surrender any license by delivering it to the commissioner with written notice of its surrender, but that surrender shall not affect the licensee's civil or criminal liability for acts committed prior thereto.
(5) The commissioner may reinstate suspended licenses or issue new licenses to a person whose licenses have been revoked if no fact or condition then exists which clearly would have justified the commissioner in refusing originally to issue a license under this article.
(6) The appropriate local law enforcement agency shall be notified of any licensee who has his license suspended or revoked as provided by this article.
(7) The commissioner shall enforce the provisions of this section.
(8) No revocation, suspension or surrender of any license shall impair or affect the obligation of any pre-existing lawful contract between the licensee and any debtor.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Mississippi may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.