2016 Mississippi Code
Title 65 - Highways, Bridges and Ferries
Chapter 26 - Tennessee-Tombigbee Waterway Bridges
§ 65-26-23. Sale of bonds; interest
(1) The Bond Commission shall sell such bonds on sealed bids at public sale, and for such price as it may determine to be for the best interest of the State of Mississippi, but no such sale shall be made at a price less than par plus accrued interest to date of delivery of the bonds to the purchaser. The bonds authorized by this chapter shall not bear a greater overall maximum interest rate to maturity than eight percent (8%) per annum. No bond shall bear more than one (1) rate of interest; each bond shall bear interest from its date to its stated maturity date at the interest rate specified in the bid; all bonds of the same maturity shall bear the same rate of interest from date to maturity; all interest accruing on such bonds so issued shall be payable semiannually or annually, except that the first interest coupon attached to any such bond may be for any period not exceeding one (1) year.
(2) No interest payment shall be evidenced by more than one (1) coupon and neither cancelled nor supplemental coupons shall be permitted; the lowest interest rate specified for any bonds issued shall not be less than seventy percent (70%) of the highest interest rate specified for the same bond issue. The interest rate of any one (1) maturity shall not exceed eight percent (8%).
(3) Each interest rate specified in any bid must be in a multiple of one-eighth of one percent ( 1/8 of 1%) or one-tenth of one percent (1/10 of 1%) and a zero rate of interest cannot be named.
(4) Notice of the sale of any such bonds shall be published at least two (2) times, the first of which shall be made not less than ten (10) days prior to the date of sale, and shall be so published in one or more newspapers having a general circulation in the City of Jackson and in one or more other newspapers or financial journals with a large national circulation, to be selected by the Bond Commission.
(5) The Bond Commission, when issuing any bonds under the authority of this chapter, shall provide that bonds maturing eleven (11) or more years after the date of the issuance of such bonds may, at the option of the State of Mississippi, be called in for payment and redemption in reverse numerical order at the call price named therein and accrued interest, or on the tenth anniversary of the date of issue, or on any interest payment date thereafter prior to maturity.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Mississippi may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.