2015 Mississippi Code
Title 79 - CORPORATIONS, ASSOCIATIONS, AND PARTNERSHIPS
Chapter 4 - MISSISSIPPI BUSINESS CORPORATION ACT
Article 15 - FOREIGN CORPORATIONS
C. REVOCATION OF CERTIFICATE OF AUTHORITY
§ 79-4-1530 - Grounds for revocation
The Secretary of State may commence a proceeding under Section 79-4-15.31 to revoke the certificate of authority of a foreign corporation authorized to transact business in this state if:
(1) The foreign corporation does not deliver its annual report to the Secretary of State within sixty (60) days after it is due;
(2) The foreign corporation does not pay within sixty (60) days after they are due any franchise taxes or penalties imposed by Sections 79-4-1.01 et seq. or other law;
(3) The foreign corporation is without a registered agent in this state for sixty (60) days or more;
(4) The foreign corporation does not inform the Secretary of State by an appropriate filing that its registered agent has changed or that its registered agent has resigned, within sixty (60) days of the change or resignation;
(5) An incorporator, director, officer or agent of the foreign corporation signed a document he knew was false in any material respect with intent that the document be delivered to the Secretary of State for filing;
(6) The Secretary of State receives a duly authenticated certificate from the Secretary of State or other official having custody of corporate records in the state or country under whose law the foreign corporation is incorporated stating that it has been dissolved or disappeared as the result of a merger.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Mississippi may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.