2014 Mississippi Code
Title 79 - CORPORATIONS, ASSOCIATIONS, AND PARTNERSHIPS
Chapter 11 - NONPROFIT, NONSHARE CORPORATIONS AND RELIGIOUS SOCIETIES
UNIFORM PRUDENT MANAGEMENT OF INSTITUTIONAL FUNDS ACT
§ 79-11-709 - Delegation of management and investment
(1) Except as otherwise provided in a gift instrument or by law other than Sections 79-11-701 through 79-11-719, an institution may delegate to an external agent the management and investment of an institutional fund to the extent that an institution could prudently delegate under the circumstances. An institution shall act in good faith, with the care that an ordinarily prudent person in a like position would exercise under similar circumstances, in:
(a) Selecting an agent;
(b) Establishing the scope and terms of the delegation, consistent with the purposes of the institution and the institutional fund; and
(c) Periodically reviewing the agent's actions in order to monitor the agent's performance and compliance with the scope and terms of the delegation.
(2) In performing a delegated function, an agent owes a duty to the institution to exercise reasonable care to comply with the scope and terms of the delegation.
(3) Absent gross negligence, wantonness, recklessness, or deliberate misconduct, an institution that complies with subsection (1) of this section is not liable for the decisions or actions of an agent to which the function was delegated.
(4) By accepting delegation of a management or investment function from an institution that is subject to the laws of this state, an agent submits to the jurisdiction of the courts of this state in all proceedings arising from or related to the delegation or the performance of the delegated function.
(5) An institution may delegate management and investment functions to its committees, officers, or employees as otherwise authorized by law.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Mississippi may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.