2014 Mississippi Code
Title 37 - EDUCATION
Chapter 177 - LITERACY-BASED PROMOTION ACT
- § 37-177-1 - Literacy-based Promotion Act established; purpose; determination of a reading deficiency in students in grades K through 3.
- § 37-177-3 - Written notification to parent or guardian of determination of reading deficiency; contents of notification
- § 37-177-5 - Establishment of Mississippi Reading Panel; purpose; composition
- § 37-177-7 - Selection of schools for reading intervention program; supervisory position in each school responsible for implementation of reading intervention program; use of data coaches pilot programs in certain "C" level or low performing districts or schools
- § 37-177-9 - Assignment of grade level based on student's age or other social promotion prohibited; promotion to grade 4 prohibited unless reading deficiency remedied before end of grade 3
- § 37-177-11 - Good cause exemption for promotion to grade 4 of student not meeting academic requirements
- § 37-177-13 - Actions required of school districts for grade 3 students not promoted to grade 4
- § 37-177-15 - Intensive acceleration class for certain students; purpose
- § 37-177-17 - Annual report regarding student progression and student retention and promotion
- § 37-177-19 - Implementation of chapter
- § 37-177-21 - Certain components of provisions of this chapter subject to legislative appropriation
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Mississippi may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.