2013 Mississippi Code
Title 97 - CRIMES
Chapter 33 - GAMBLING AND LOTTERIES
CHARITABLE BINGO LAW
§ 97-33-67 - Length and frequency of sessions; prize limits; designated supervisor responsible for session; purchase of supplies only from licensees; persons under 18 years of age
(1) (a) No licensee shall hold, operate or conduct any bingo game more often than for two (2) sessions within one (1) day and more often than eight (8) sessions in any one (1) week. Any licensee who holds no more than one (1) session per week shall be entitled to conduct one (1) six-hour session per week. Notwithstanding the provisions of this paragraph, pull-tabs, video pull-tabs or video bingo games may be played for up to eighty (80) hours per week.
(b) No licensee shall hold, operate or conduct any bingo game in more than one (1) physical location. Any bingo operation for which a license has been issued by the Gaming Commission on or after April 1, 1995, and which is located within one thousand five hundred (1,500) feet of a school, church or public library building, shall not conduct bingo sessions during the hours of the school day or during church or library hours.
(2) The total amount of prizes which may be awarded in any one (1) session by a licensee shall not exceed Seven Thousand Five Hundred Dollars ($ 7,500.00) in cash or other thing or things of value, except as otherwise provided in Section 97-33-59 and except that the total amount of prizes which may be awarded in any one (1) session shall not exceed Eight Thousand Dollars ($ 8,000.00) if only one (1) session is held in any one (1) week. The Seven Thousand Five Hundred Dollars ($ 7,500.00) and the Eight Thousand Dollars ($ 8,000.00) limits do not include payback of pull-tabs or electronic representations. The commission shall establish by rule the method of calculating the value of anything offered as a prize.
(3) Each licensee shall designate a supervisor and a sufficient number of alternate supervisors to be in charge of and primarily responsible for each session of a bingo game. Such individual shall be familiar with the provisions of Sections 97-33-51 through 97-33-203 and the rules and regulations of the commission. Such individual, or alternate who shall be designated as the bingo supervisor, shall supervise all activities of such session and be responsible for the conduct of all games of such session. The supervisor shall be present at all times on the premises during the session.
(4) No licensee shall purchase or otherwise obtain any gaming supplies or equipment from any distributor, operator or manufacturer until it has first determined that the individual selling or otherwise offering such supplies or equipment has a valid license issued by the commission.
(5) No licensee shall allow any person under eighteen (18) years of age to assist in the holding, operation or conduct of any bingo game. No licensee shall allow any person under eighteen (18) years of age to play a bingo game unless accompanied by his or her parent or legal guardian, except that a licensee may prohibit all persons under eighteen (18) years from entering the licensed premises by posting a written notice to that effect on the premises.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Mississippi may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.