2013 Mississippi Code
Title 93 - DOMESTIC RELATIONS
Chapter 29 - UNIFORM CHILD ABDUCTION PREVENTION ACT
§ 93-29-11 - Contents of petition
A petition under this chapter must be verified and include a copy of any existing child-custody determination, if available. The petition must specify the risk factors for abduction including the relevant factors described in Section 93-29-13. Subject to Section 93-27-209(5), if reasonably ascertainable, the petition must contain:
(1) The name, date of birth and gender of the child;
(2) The customary address and current physical location of the child;
(3) The identity, customary address and current physical location of the respondent;
(4) A statement of whether a prior action to prevent abduction or domestic violence has been filed by a party or other individual or entity having custody of the child and the date, location and disposition of the action;
(5) A statement of whether a party to the proceeding has been arrested for a crime related to domestic violence, stalking, child abuse or neglect and the date, location and disposition of the case; and
(6) Any other information required to be submitted to the court for a child-custody determination under Section 93-27-209.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Mississippi may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.