2013 Mississippi Code
Title 9 - COURTS
Chapter 23 - DRUG COURTS
§ 9-23-11 - Requirements for alcohol and drug intervention component; rules and special orders; employees of drug court; regulation; fees and costs
(1) A drug court may establish an alcohol and drug intervention component provided all the following requirements are met:
(a) The drug court established by the court is certified by the Administrative Office of Courts;
(b) The court that established the drug court determines that in order to fully implement the purposes of the drug court that the drug and alcohol intervention component is necessary; and
(c) The court must submit a petition for approval to the Administrative Office of Courts containing the following:
(i) A full description of a proposed intervention component.
(ii) A budget supported by statistics.
(iii) Details on the implementation of the intervention component.
(2) Each individual drug court judge may establish rules and may make special orders and rules as necessary that do not conflict with rules promulgated by the Supreme Court.
(3) A drug court may appoint such full- or part-time employees it deems necessary for the work of the drug court and shall fix the compensation of those employees. Such employees shall serve at the will and pleasure of the judge or the judge's designee.
(4) Drug court employees or contractors shall perform duties the court assigns.
(5) A drug court established under this chapter is subject to the regulatory powers of the Administrative Office of Courts as set forth in Section 9-23-15.
(6) Each individual drug court is responsible for the administration of the drug and alcohol intervention component of that court.
(7) (a) The costs of participation in an alcohol and drug services component required by the drug court established by this chapter may be paid by the participant or out of user fees or such other state, federal or private funds that may, from time to time, be made available.
(b) The court may assess such reasonable fees for participation and may impose sanctions that it deems appropriate.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Mississippi may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.