2013 Mississippi Code
§ 89-1-25 - Quitclaim deeds and disclaimers of title by school district boards of trustees, municipalities and boards of supervisors

MS Code § 89-1-25 (2013) What's This?

In all cases where a board of trustees of any school district, governing authorities of any municipality or board of supervisors of any county in the State of Mississippi has heretofore attempted to convey or to obtain title to real property or any interest therein and thereafter any question of title arises with reference to the procedure of conveyance, description of the property attempted to be conveyed or obtained or other matters connected therewith, and the governing authority of said school district, municipality or county determines by order entered on its minutes that the said political subdivision is asserting no further claim of title, that at the time of said attempted conveyance or disposition of said property, if property was conveyed or disposed of by the political subdivision, the said political subdivision did then receive the fair and reasonable market value of said property, and that a period of at least five (5) years has elapsed from the date of the said original attempted conveyance or disposition or obtaining of title of said property; the said board of trustees of said school district, governing authorities of said municipality or board of supervisors of said county, as the case may be, is thereupon hereby authorized, in its discretion, to execute quitclaim deeds and disclaimers of title on behalf of said political subdivision, after which any right or claim of said political subdivision in and to said realty shall be cut off and not thereafter brought into issue. Any such quitclaim deed or disclaimer of title heretofore executed by or on behalf of said political subdivision in accordance with the foregoing shall likewise be valid if executed in accordance with the provisions hereof.

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Mississippi may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.