2013 Mississippi Code
Title 79 - CORPORATIONS, ASSOCIATIONS, AND PARTNERSHIPS
Chapter 4 - MISSISSIPPI BUSINESS CORPORATION ACT
Article 15 - FOREIGN CORPORATIONS
A CERTIFICATE OF AUTHORITY
§ 79-4-15.10 - Service of process, demand or notice on foreign corporation.
[Effective until January 1, 2013, this section will read:]
(a) The registered agent of a foreign corporation authorized to transact business in this state is the corporation's agent for service of process, notice or demand required or permitted by law to be served on the foreign corporation.
(b) A foreign corporation may be served by registered or certified mail, return receipt requested, addressed to the secretary of the foreign corporation at its principal office shown in its application for a certificate of authority or in its most recent annual report if the foreign corporation:
(1) Has no registered agent or its registered agent cannot with reasonable diligence be served;
(2) Has withdrawn from transacting business in this state under Section 79-4-15.20; or
(3) Has had its certificate of authority revoked under Section 79-4-15.31.
(c) Service is perfected under subsection (b) at the earliest of:
(1) The date the foreign corporation receives the mail;
(2) The date shown on the return receipt, if signed on behalf of the foreign corporation; or
(3) Five (5) days after its deposit in the United States mail, if mailed postpaid and correctly addressed.
(d) This section does not prescribe the only means, or necessarily the required means, of serving a foreign corporation.
[Effective from and after January 1, 2013, this section will read:]
Notice or demand required or permitted by law on a foreign corporation authorized to transact business in this state is governed by Section 79-35-13. Service of process is governed by the Mississippi Rules of Civil Procedure.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Mississippi may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.