2013 Mississippi Code
Title 79 - CORPORATIONS, ASSOCIATIONS, AND PARTNERSHIPS
Chapter 35 - THE MISSISSIPPI REGISTERED AGENTS ACT
§ 79-35-5 - Appointment of registered agent
(a) A registered agent filing must state:
(1) The name of the represented entity's commercial registered agent; or
(2) If the entity does not have a commercial registered agent, the name and address of the entity's noncommercial registered agent.
(b) The appointment of a registered agent pursuant to subsection (a)(1) or (a)(2) of this section is an affirmation by the represented entity that:
(1) The entity has:
(A) Notified the agent of the appointment; and
(B) Provided the agent with a forwarding address as provided in Section 79-35-14; and
(2) The agent has consented to serve as such.
(c) The Secretary of State shall make available in a record as soon as practicable a daily list of filings that contain the name of a registered agent. The list must:
(1) Be available for at least fourteen (14) calendar days;
(2) List in alphabetical order the names of the registered agents; and
(3) State the type of filing and name of the represented entity making the filing.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Mississippi may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.