2013 Mississippi Code
Title 79 - CORPORATIONS, ASSOCIATIONS, AND PARTNERSHIPS
Chapter 35 - THE MISSISSIPPI REGISTERED AGENTS ACT
§ 79-35-10 - Change of name, address, or type of organization by commercial registered agent
(a) If a commercial registered agent changes its name, its address as currently listed under Section 79-35-6(a), or its type or jurisdiction of organization, the agent shall file with the Secretary of State a statement of change signed by or on behalf of the agent which states:
(1) The name of the agent as currently listed under Section 79-35-6(a);
(2) If the name of the agent has changed, its new name;
(3) If the address of the agent has changed, the new address; and
(4) If the type or jurisdiction of organization of the agent has changed, the new type or jurisdiction of organization.
(b) The filing of a statement of change under subsection (a) of this section is effective to change the information regarding the commercial registered agent with respect to each entity represented by the agent.
(c) A statement of change filed under this section takes effect on filing.
(d) A commercial registered agent shall promptly furnish each entity represented by it with notice in a record of the filing of a statement of change relating to the name or address of the agent and the changes made by the filing.
(e) If a commercial registered agent changes its address without filing a statement of change as required by this section, the Secretary of State may cancel the listing of the agent under Section 79-35-6. A cancellation under this subsection has the same effect as a termination under Section 79-35-7. Promptly after canceling the listing of an agent, the Secretary of State shall serve notice in a record in the manner provided in Section 79-35-13(b) or (c) on:
(1) Each entity represented by the agent, stating that the agent has ceased to be an agent for service of process on the entity and that, until the entity appoints a new registered agent, service of process may be made on the entity as provided in Section 79-35-13; and
(2) The agent, stating that the listing of the agent has been canceled under this section.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Mississippi may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.