2013 Mississippi Code
Title 41 - PUBLIC HEALTH
Chapter 29 - POISONS, DRUGS AND OTHER CONTROLLED SUBSTANCES
Article 3 - UNIFORM CONTROLLED SUBSTANCES LAW
§ 41-29-169 - Drug abuse education programs
The Mississippi Bureau of Drug Enforcement and state board of education shall carry out educational programs designed to prevent and deter misuse and abuse of controlled substances. In connection with these programs they may:
(1) Promote better recognition of the problems of misuse and abuse of controlled substances within the regulated industry and among interested groups and organizations;
(2) Assist the regulated industry and interested groups and organizations in contributing to the reduction of misuse and abuse of controlled substances;
(3) Consult with interested groups and organizations to aid them in solving administrative and organizational problems;
(4) Evaluate procedures, projects, techniques, and controls conducted or proposed as part of educational programs on misuse and abuse of controlled substances;
(5) Disseminate the results of research on misuse and abuse of controlled substances to promote a better public understanding of what problems exist and what can be done to combat them; and
(6) Assist in the education and training of state and local law enforcement officials in their efforts to control misuse and abuse of controlled substances.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Mississippi may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.