2013 Mississippi Code
Title 41 - PUBLIC HEALTH
Chapter 29 - POISONS, DRUGS AND OTHER CONTROLLED SUBSTANCES
Article 3 - UNIFORM CONTROLLED SUBSTANCES LAW
§ 41-29-141 - Prohibited acts B; penalties
It is unlawful for any person:
(1) Who is subject to Section 41-29-125 to distribute or dispense a controlled substance in violation of Section 41-29-137;
(2) Who is a registrant under Section 41-29-125 to manufacture a controlled substance not authorized by his registration, or to distribute or dispense a controlled substance not authorized by his registration to another registrant or other authorized person;
(3) To refuse or fail to make, keep or furnish any record, notification, order form, statement, invoice or information required under this article;
(4) To refuse a lawful entry into any premises for any inspection authorized by this article; or
(5) Knowingly to keep or maintain any store, shop, warehouse, dwelling, building, vehicle, boat, aircraft, or other structure or place, which is resorted to by persons using controlled substances in violation of this article for the purpose of using these substances, or which is used for keeping or selling them in violation of this article.
Any person who violates this section shall, with respect to such violation, be subject to a civil penalty payable to the State of Mississippi of not more than twenty-five thousand dollars ($ 25,000.00).
In addition to the civil penalty provided in the preceding paragraph, any person who knowingly or intentionally violates this section shall be guilty of a crime and upon conviction thereof may be confined for a period of not more than one (1) year or fined not more than one thousand dollars ($ 1,000.00), or both.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Mississippi may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.