2013 Mississippi Code
Title 41 - PUBLIC HEALTH
Chapter 29 - POISONS, DRUGS AND OTHER CONTROLLED SUBSTANCES
Article 3 - UNIFORM CONTROLLED SUBSTANCES LAW
§ 41-29-115 - Schedule II of controlled substances
(A) The controlled substances listed in this section are included in Schedule II.
(a) Substances, vegetable origin or chemical synthesis. Any of the following substances, except those narcotic drugs listed in other schedules, whether produced directly or indirectly by extraction from substances of vegetable origin, or independently by means of chemical synthesis, or by combination of extraction and chemical synthesis:
(1) Opium and opiate, and any salt, compound, derivative, or preparation of opium or opiate, excluding naloxone hydrochloride, apomorphine, thebaine-derived butorphanol, dextrorphan, nalbuphine, nalmefene and naltrexone, but including the following:
(iv) Etorphine hydrochloride;
(v) Granulated opium;
(x) Opium extracts;
(xi) Opium fluid extracts;
(xv) Powdered opium;
(xvi) Raw opium;
(xviii) Tincture of opium.
(2) Any salt, compound, isomer, derivative, or preparation thereof which is chemically equivalent or identical with any of the substances referred to in paragraph (1), but not including the isoquinoline alkaloids of opium;
(3) Opium poppy and poppy straw;
(4) Coca leaves and any salt, compound, derivative, or preparation of cocaine or coca leaves, including cocaine and ecgonine and any salt, compound, derivative, isomer, or preparation thereof which is chemically equivalent or identical with any of these substances, but not including decocainized coca leaves or extractions which do not contain cocaine or ecgonine;
(5) Concentrate of poppy straw (the crude extract of poppy straw in either liquid, solid or powder form which contains the phenanthrene alkaloids of the opium poppy).
(b) Opiates. Any of the following opiates, including their isomers, esters, ethers, salts, and salts of isomers, whenever the existence of these isomers, esters, ethers and salts is possible within the specified chemical designation, dextrorphan and levopropoxyphene excepted:
(5) Bulk dextropropoxyphene (nondosage forms);
(11) Levo-alphacetylmethadol (levo-alpha-acetylmethadol, levomethadyl acetate, LAAM);
(16) Methadone-intermediate, 4-cyano-2-dimethylamino-4,4-diphenyl butane;
(17) Moramide-intermediate, 2-methyl-3-morpholino-1,1-diphenylpropane-carboxylic acid;
(18) Pethidine (meperidine);
(19) Pethidine-Intermediate-A, 4-cyano-1-methyl-4-phenylpiperidine;
(20) Pethidine-Intermediate-B, ethyl-4-phenylpiperidine-4-carboxylate;
(21) Pethidine-Intermediate-C, 1-methyl-4-phenylpiperidine-4-carboxylic acid;
(c) Stimulants. Any material, compound, mixture, or preparation which contains any quantity of the following substances:
(1) Amphetamine, its salts, optical isomers, and salts of its optical isomers;
(2) Phenmetrazine and its salts;
(3) Any substance which contains any quantity of methamphetamine, including its salts, isomers, and salts of isomers;
(4) Methylphenidate and its salts;
(5) Lisdexamfetamine, its salts, isomers and salts of isomers.
(d) Depressants. Unless listed in another schedule, any material, compound, mixture, or preparation which contains any quantity of the following substances:
(e) Hallucinogenic substances. Nabilone [other names include: (+/-)-trans-3-(1,1-dimethylheptyl)-6,6a,7,8,10,10a- hexahydro-1-hydroxy-6,6-dimethyl-9H-dibenzo(b,d)pyran-9-one].
(f) Immediate precursors. Unless specifically excepted or unless listed in another schedule, any material, compound, mixture, or preparation which contains any quantity of the following substances:
(1) Amphetamine and methamphetamine immediate precursor: Phenylacetone (other names include: phenyl-2-propanone; P2P; benzyl methyl ketone; and methyl benzyl ketone);
(2) Phencyclidine immediate precursors:
(ii) 1-piperidinocyclohexanecarbonitrile (PCC);
(3) Fentanyl immediate precursor: 4-anilino-N-phenethyl-4-piperidine (ANPP);
(g) Other substances. Pentazocine and its salts in injectable dosage form.
(B) Any material, compound, mixture or preparation which contains any quantity of a Schedule II controlled substance and is listed as an exempt substance in 21 CFR, Section 1308.24 or 1308.32, shall be exempted from the provisions of the Uniform Controlled Substances Law.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Mississippi may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.