2013 Mississippi Code
Title 37 - EDUCATION
Chapter 9 - DISTRICT SUPERINTENDENTS, PRINCIPALS, TEACHERS, AND OTHER EMPLOYEES
BEGINNING TEACHER SUPPORT PROGRAM
§ 37-9-205 - Establishment of beginning teacher support program
(1) The Mississippi Teacher Center of the State Department of Education shall establish a beginning teacher support program to provide eligible beginning teachers in this state with continued and sustained support from a formally assigned mentor teacher during the first full year of teaching.
(2) After the 1992-1993 school year, any district is eligible to participate in the beginning teacher support program.
(3) Two (2) or more districts may operate jointly a beginning teacher support program if they meet all the requirements of Sections 37-9-201 through 37-9-213.
(4) Educational consortia established for approved teacher education programs pursuant to rules of the Mississippi Teacher Center are eligible to operate a beginning teacher support program to serve beginning teachers in a participating school district.
(5) To the extent practicable, school districts may coordinate with institutions of higher education in the design, implementation and evaluation of mentorship programs.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Mississippi may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.