2010 Mississippi Code
TITLE 97 - CRIMES
Chapter 11 - Offenses Involving Public Officials.
- 97-11-1 - Alteration of records.
- 97-11-3 - Attorney general and district attorney not to advise or defend criminals.
- 97-11-5 - and 97-11-7. Repealed.
- 97-11-9 - Bond; approving worthless official bond.
- 97-11-11 - Bribery; offer, promise or gift of property to candidate, officer, agent or trustee to influence his action.
- 97-11-13 - Bribery; penalty when officer, agent or trustee accepts bribe.
- 97-11-15 - Circuit clerk; penalty for failure or refusal to send up certificate of appeal.
- 97-11-17 - Clerk refusing to give certified copy of papers.
- 97-11-19 - and 97-11-21. Repealed.
- 97-11-23 - Drunkenness in office.
- 97-11-25 - Embezzlement; officers, trustees and public employees converting property to own use.
- 97-11-27 - Embezzlement; officers and public agents failing to deliver money, records, etc. to successor.
- 97-11-29 - Embezzlement; accounts to be kept by all public officers; false entries, false certificates, loan of public funds and fraud on the treasury.
- 97-11-31 - Embezzlement; fraud committed in public office.
- 97-11-33 - Extortion; collecting unauthorized fees and fees for services not actually rendered.
- 97-11-35 - Failure to return known offenders; purposeful avoidance of knowledge of offense.
- 97-11-37 - Failure to perform any duty.
- 97-11-39 - Military officers; resigning to evade obedience to order prohibited.
- 97-11-41 - Oath of office and bond; elected officials not to exercise duties before taking oath or giving bond, as required.
- 97-11-43 - Railroad fares; government officials to pay same fare as general passengers; accepting and using free pass.
- 97-11-45 - Tax collector and chancery clerk; failure to perform duty in respect to duplicate tax receipts.
- 97-11-47 - Tax collector; failure to make settlement.
- 97-11-49 - Tax collector; collecting privilege tax without issuing license.
- 97-11-51 - Trustees of state institutions not to incur liability in excess of income.
- 97-11-53 - Offer of inducements to influence public official's action on award of contracts or accomplishment of official acts.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Mississippi may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.