2010 Mississippi Code
TITLE 89 - REAL AND PERSONAL PROPERTY
Chapter 9 - Condominiums.
89-9-5 - Definitions.
§ 89-9-5. Definitions.
For the purpose of this chapter, the following words and phrases as used herein, unless a different meaning is plainly required by the context, shall have the following meanings:
(1) "Condominium" means that form of ownership of property under which units of improvements are subject to ownership by different owners and there is appurtenant to each unit as part thereof an undivided share in the common areas.
(2) "Unit" means the elements of a condominium which are not owned in common with the owners of other condominiums in the project.
(3) "Project" means the entire parcel of real property divided, or to be divided into condominiums, including all structures thereon.
(4) "Common areas" means the entire project excepting all units therein granted or reserved.
(5) "To divide" real property means to divide the ownership thereof by conveying one or more condominiums therein but less than the whole thereof.
(6) "Real property" means and includes an estate in fee simple in the land or a leasehold therein or any other estate in land recognized by law together with the building or buildings, all improvements and structures thereon and all easements, rights, and appurtenances belonging thereto.
Sources: Codes, 1942, § 896-03; Laws, 1964, ch. 270, § 3; Laws, 1970, ch. 306, § 1, eff from and after passage (approved March 2, 1970).
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Mississippi may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.