2010 Mississippi Code
TITLE 89 - REAL AND PERSONAL PROPERTY
Chapter 5 - Recording of Instruments.
- 89-5-1 - Recording instruments; conveyances, acknowledgment, priority.
- 89-5-3 - Conveyances, mortgages; void if not lodged for record.
- 89-5-5 - Priority of all instruments, and notice thereof controlled by date of filing for record; take effect, when.
- 89-5-7 - Written contracts in relation to land recordable.
- 89-5-8 - Affidavits relating to identification, marital status, heirship, etc. of party to instrument affecting real estate titles recordable; admissibility.
- 89-5-9 - Copies of certain records may be recorded.
- 89-5-11 - Patents issued by United States or this state recordable.
- 89-5-13 - Instruments of conveyance recorded for seven and ten years; acknowledgment valid.
- 89-5-15 - Transfer of record; debt to be noted on record.
- 89-5-17 - Assignments of indebtedness to be marked on record.
- 89-5-19 - When a lien appears by the record to be barred, it ceases.
- 89-5-21 - Entry of satisfaction upon record of mortgage or deed of trust.
- 89-5-23 - Oil, gas, and mineral leases; cancellation of record upon expiration.
- 89-5-24 - Form of certain documents or instruments presented for recording; contents; exempt documents or instruments; additional recording fee for nonconforming documents or instruments.
- 89-5-25 - How instrument recorded and indexed; records public; copies.
- 89-5-27 - Receipt for instruments delivered to chancery clerk for recording.
- 89-5-29 - Mortgages and deeds of trust on land; how recorded.
- 89-5-31 - Repealed.
- 89-5-33 - General index; direct and reverse.
- 89-5-35 - How certain conveyances indexed.
- 89-5-37 - Name of beneficiary must be disclosed in mortgage or deed of trust to be recorded; exception.
- 89-5-39 - Books of record not to be removed.
- 89-5-41 - Records in counties divided into two districts.
- 89-5-43 - Penalty on clerk for failure of duty.
- 89-5-45 - Substitution of trustee must appear of record; general substitution allowed for certain beneficiaries.
- 89-5-47 - through 89-5-53. Repealed.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Mississippi may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.