2010 Mississippi Code
TITLE 85 - DEBTOR-CREDITOR RELATIONSHIP
Chapter 3 - Exempt Property.
- 85-3-1 - Property exempt from seizure under execution or attachment.
- 85-3-2 - Certain federal exemptions prohibited.
- 85-3-3 - Execution or attachment of personal property; selection of exempt property.
- 85-3-4 - Execution or attachment of wages, salaries or other compensation; limitations.
- 85-3-5 - Execution or attachment of personal property; plaintiff's indemnity bond; liability of officer.
- 85-3-7 - Execution or attachment of personal property; defendant may sue on plaintiff's indemnity bond.
- 85-3-9 - Execution or attachment of personal property; replevy by defendant.
- 85-3-11 - Proceeds of life insurance policy; named beneficiaries; certain proceeds of policies exempt from liability for debts of person insured.
- 85-3-13 - Proceeds of life insurance policy; payable to executor; limits.
- 85-3-15 - Proceeds of life insurance policy; unassigned policies.
- 85-3-17 - Judgment for personal injury.
- 85-3-19 - Beneficiaries of deceased plaintiff take damages free from debts.
- 85-3-21 - Homestead exemption; land and buildings.
- 85-3-23 - Homestead exemption; land and buildings; insurance proceeds; personal property.
- 85-3-25 - Homestead declaration; form; deposit with clerk of chancery court.
- 85-3-27 - Homestead declaration; effect.
- 85-3-29 - Homestead declaration; recording.
- 85-3-31 - Homestead designated by law when not selected.
- 85-3-33 - Heirs may designate homestead.
- 85-3-35 - Allotment of homestead; selection of householders or freeholders to set off portion of land.
- 85-3-37 - Allotment of homestead; premises not capable of division.
- 85-3-39 - Allotment of homestead; how contested by plaintiff.
- 85-3-41 - Allotment of homestead; how contested by defendant.
- 85-3-43 - Homestead liable to debts when debtor ceases to reside thereon.
- 85-3-45 - Repealed.
- 85-3-47 - Property not exempt from execution.
- 85-3-49 - Exempt property may be disposed of.
- 85-3-51 - Exemptions allowed to residents only.
- 85-3-52 - Judgment or claim of another state or political subdivision for failure to pay income tax on pension or retirement benefits.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Mississippi may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.