2010 Mississippi Code
TITLE 71 - LABOR AND INDUSTRY
Chapter 3 - Workers' Compensation.
71-3-207 - Implementation of drug-free workplace program; qualification of employer of premium reduction.
§ 71-3-207. Implementation of drug-free workplace program; qualification of employer of premium reduction.
(1) If an employer implements a drug-free workplace program substantially in accordance with Sections 71-3-201 through 71-3-225, the employer shall qualify for certification for a five percent (5%) premium discount if offered under the employer's workers' compensation insurance policy.
(2) For each policy of workers' compensation insurance issued or renewed in the state on or after July 1, 1997, a five percent (5%) reduction in the premium for such policy may be granted by the insurer if the insured certifies to the insurer that it has established and maintains a drug-free workplace program that complies with the requirements of Sections 71-3-201 through 71-3-225.
(3) The premium discount provided by this section shall be applied to an insured's workers' compensation insurance pro rata as of the date of receipt of certification by the insurer.
(4) The Workers' Compensation Commission shall promulgate appropriate forms and procedures to allow self-certification by an insured to its insurer. Certification by an insured shall be required for each year in which a premium discount is granted.
(5) The insured's workers' compensation insurance policy shall be subject to an additional premium for the purposes of reimbursement of a previously granted premium discount if it is determined that such insured misrepresented the compliance of its drug-free workplace program within the provisions of Sections 71-3-201 through 71-3-225.
(6) The Workers' Compensation Commission shall be authorized to promulgate rules and regulations necessary for the implementation and enforcement of this section.
Sources: Laws, 1997, ch. 455, § 4, eff from and after July 1, 1997.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Mississippi may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.