There is a newer version of the Mississippi Code
2010 Mississippi Code
TITLE 43 - PUBLIC WELFARE
Chapter 47 - Mississippi Vulnerable Adults Act.
- 43-47-1 - Short title.
- 43-47-3 - Legislative purpose.
- 43-47-5 - Definitions.
- 43-47-7 - Reporting abuse, neglect, or exploitation; establishment of central register; confidentiality.
- 43-47-8 - Reporting of money, gift, or valuable received or accepted by care facility employees; record maintenance; penalties.
- 43-47-9 - Investigations and evaluations; cooperation of physicians and other health and welfare personnel; contracts with agencies and private physicians.
- 43-47-11 - Protective services plans; interference by caretaker; effect of lack of consent by vulnerable adult.
- 43-47-13 - Provision of services to vulnerable adult lacking capacity to consent; petition for injunctive relief, hearing, and order; appointment of guardian or conservator.
- 43-47-15 - Provision of services to alleviate an imminent danger; entry upon premises pursuant to court order; immunity from liability of petitioner acting in good faith.
- 43-47-17 - Right to bring motion for review of order.
- 43-47-18 - Sexual battery of vulnerable adult by health care employees or persons in position of trust or authority; fondling vulnerable adult by health care employees or persons in position of trust or authority; penalties.
- 43-47-19 - Prohibition against abuse, neglect, or exploitation; penalties; relation to other laws.
- 43-47-21 - Payment for services; orders to provide custody, care, and maintenance.
- 43-47-23 - Authority to seek cooperation of organizations and agencies.
- 43-47-25 - Immunity of department employees from liability.
- 43-47-27 - Adoption of standards, procedures, and guidelines.
- 43-47-29 - Appointment of conservator pursuant to Section 93-13-251.
- 43-47-31 - Objection to provision of services on privacy grounds; persons receiving treatment by spiritual means; objection to medical treatment.
- 43-47-33 - Education program.
- 43-47-35 - Implementation of chapter if federal funds become available.
- 43-47-37 - Reporting of abuse and exploitation of patients and residents of care facilities.
- 43-47-39 - Vulnerable adults training, investigation and prosecution trust fund created; purpose; funding.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Mississippi may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.