2019 Minnesota Statutes
Chapters 190 - 195 — Military Affairs
Chapter 192 — National Guard
Section 192.38 — Illness, Injury, Or Death Of Member Of Military Forces; Compensation.

Universal Citation: MN Stat § 192.38 (2019)

Subdivision 1. Temporary emergency relief. If any officer or enlisted member of the military forces is wounded or otherwise disabled, dies from disease contracted or injuries received, or is killed while in state active service as defined in section 190.05, subdivision 5a, the officer or member, or in the case of death the officer's or member's dependent spouse, child, or parent, may be provided with immediate temporary relief as necessary in cases of severe hardship, in an amount to be determined by the adjutant general and approved by the governor or a death gratuity payment equal to the amount allowed for service members in a federal active service status. All payments under this subdivision shall be made from appropriations for emergency services. The adjutant general shall notify the Department of Management and Budget of any payments made pursuant to this subdivision and the amount of it shall be subtracted from any award made by the Department of Management and Budget.

Subd. 2. Assistance to claimants. To the extent information is available, the adjutant general shall provide information to a person seeking a benefit from the state or federal government or instituting a claim before a Legislative Commission on Claims or Federal Claims Commission arising from loss, damage, or destruction of property or for injury or death incurred or sustained by a member of the military forces.

History: (2430) 1921 c 506 s 36; 1927 c 339 s 6; 1965 c 140 s 2; 1975 c 271 s 6; 1976 c 331 s 39; 1983 c 193 s 7; 1986 c 444; 1997 c 24 s 11; 2008 c 204 s 42; 2009 c 101 art 2 s 109; 2015 c 77 art 3 s 3

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Minnesota may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.