2019 Minnesota Statutes
Chapters 13 - 13C — Data Practices
Chapter 13B — Matching Programs; Computerized Comparison Of Data
Section 13B.02 — Matching Agreements.
Before participating in a matching program, the responsible authority in each public entity that participates in the matching program shall enter into a written agreement with the other person specifying:
(1) the rationale, purpose, and legal authority for conducting the program;
(2) a description of the data that will be matched, including each data element that will be used, the approximate number of records that will be matched, and the projected starting and completion dates of the matching program;
(3) procedures for retention and destruction of data created by the matching program consistent with section 138.17;
(4) procedures for ensuring the security of the data;
(5) prohibitions on duplication and redisclosure of data by the person who receives the data, unless authorized by the public entity that releases the data;
(6) procedures governing the use of the data provided by the public entity for the matching program, including procedures governing return to the public entity or destruction of the data consistent with section 138.17; and
(7) information on assessments that have been made on the accuracy of the data that will be used in the matching program.
History: 1990 c 566 s 2,9; 1992 c 569 s 36; 1994 c 618 art 1 s 47; 1995 c 259 art 1 s 62