2019 Minnesota Statutes
Chapters 120 - 129C — Education Code: Prekindergarten - Grade 12
Chapter 120B — Curriculum And Assessment
Section 120B.131 — College-level Examination Program (clep).

Universal Citation: MN Stat § 120B.131 (2019)

Subdivision 1. Program structure. The college-level examination program (CLEP) offered by the College Board provides students with the opportunity to demonstrate college-level achievement and receive college credit or advanced standing through a program of examinations in undergraduate college courses. Schools must provide information about CLEP and the opportunity to receive college credit from a Minnesota postsecondary institution to students successfully completing a college-level course.

Subd. 2. Reimbursement for examination fees. The state may reimburse college-level examination program (CLEP) fees for a Minnesota public or nonpublic high school student who has successfully completed one or more college-level courses in high school in the subject matter of each examination in the following subjects: composition and literature, mathematics and science, social sciences and history, foreign languages, and business and humanities. The state may reimburse each student for up to six examination fees. The commissioner shall establish application procedures and a process and schedule for fee reimbursements. The commissioner must give priority to reimburse the CLEP examination fees of students of low-income families.

Subd. 3. College credit. The colleges and universities of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities system must award, and the University of Minnesota and private postsecondary institutions are encouraged to award, college credit to high school students who receive a satisfactory score on a CLEP examination under this section. The commissioner, in consultation with the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities, shall set a passing score for college credits.

History: 1Sp2005 c 5 art 2 s 16; 2006 c 263 art 2 s 5

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Minnesota may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.