2019 Minnesota Statutes
Chapter 15B — Capitol Area
Chapter 15B — Capitol Area Planning And Preservation
Section 15B.08 — Construction Process.
Subdivision 1. Prerequisites. (a) A person must not begin construction in the Capitol Area until after completing the steps in paragraph (b).
(b) The person must:
(1) submit the construction plans to the board;
(2) secure a zoning permit from the board; and
(3) secure a certificate from the board stating that the person has complied with the board's standards and design-review procedures.
(c) The board must define construction in its rules.
Subd. 2. Board approval. No substantial change to what is described in clause (1) or (2) may be made until after the board consents to the change:
(1) the external appearance of a public building existing before July 1, 1967, that is approved in the comprehensive plan; or
(2) the exterior or interior design of a new public building proposed after April 11, 1974, whose plans are secured by competition under section 15B.10.
Subd. 3. Written approval. No substantial change or improvement may be made to public lands or public buildings in the Capitol Area without the written approval of the board.
History: Ex1967 c 13 s 13; 1974 c 580 s 5; 1990 c 426 art 1 s 7; 1993 c 144 s 1; 1993 c 369 s 37; 2003 c 17 s 1, subds 9,15,17;2