2017 Minnesota Statutes
Chapters 17 - 43 — AGRICULTURE
Chapter 17 — DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE
Section 17.9893 — CERTIFICATION INSTRUMENT.
17.9893 CERTIFICATION INSTRUMENT.
The commissioner, in consultation with the Minnesota Agricultural Water Quality Certification Program Advisory Committee, commissioner of natural resources, commissioner of the Pollution Control Agency, and Board of Water and Soil Resources, shall develop an analytical instrument to assess the water quality practices and management of agricultural operations. This instrument shall be used to certify that the water quality practices and management of an agricultural operation are consistent with state water quality goals and standards. The commissioner shall define a satisfactory score for certification purposes. The certification instrument tool shall:
(1) integrate applicable existing regulatory requirements;
(2) utilize technology and prioritize ease of use;
(3) utilize a water quality index or score applicable to the landscape;
(4) incorporate a process for updates and revisions as practices, management, and technology changes become established and approved; and
(5) comprehensively address water quality impacts.
History: 2013 c 114 art 2 s 7