2017 Minnesota Statutes
Chapters 17 - 43 — AGRICULTURE
Chapter 17 — DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE
Section 17.9442 — APPLICABILITY OF CONTRACT REQUIREMENTS.
17.9442 APPLICABILITY OF CONTRACT REQUIREMENTS.
The requirements for the written disclosure of material risks under section 17.91, subdivision 2; the three-day review period under section 17.941; the cover sheet requirement under section 17.942; and the contract readability requirements under section 17.943, subdivision 1, do not apply to contracts which provide for:
(1) the sale and purchase of a fixed amount of a commodity for delivery at a set price;
(2) cash sale and forward delivery grain contracts for grain meeting certain specifications and does not prescribe the time, manner, and nature of planting, cultivating, and harvesting the crop producing the grain, including fixed price forward contracts, minimum price contracts, mini-max contracts, basis contracts, hedge-to-arrive contracts, and delayed price contracts;
(3) contracts agreed to between a processor and an accredited bargaining organization under sections 17.691 to 17.702;
(4) futures contracts which involve the sale or purchase of a standardized quantity of a commodity for future delivery on a regulated commodity exchange;
(5) agricultural marketing contracts between a capital stock cooperative and its members under section 308A.205; or
(6) occasional sales between persons who produce or cause to be produced food, feed, or fiber in a quantity beyond their own family use.
History: 2000 c 470 s 10; 2001 c 161 s 57; 2002 c 373 s 6