2017 Minnesota Statutes
Chapters 17 - 43 — AGRICULTURE
Section 17.90 — DEFINITIONS.

Universal Citation: MN Stat § 17.90 (2017)

Subdivision 1. Applicability. The definitions in this section apply to sections 17.90 to 17.98.

Subd. 1a. Agricultural contract. "Agricultural contract" means any written contract between a contractor and a producer, but does not include a contract between a grain buyer licensed under section 223.17, subdivision 1, who purchases grain from a producer as a merchant or seller of grain and does not contract with the producer to grow or raise the crops producing the grain.

Subd. 2. Agricultural commodity. "Agricultural commodity" means a material produced for use in or as food, feed, seed, or fiber and includes crops for fiber, food, oilseeds, seeds, livestock, livestock products, poultry, poultry products, and other products or by-products of the farm produced for the same or similar use.

Subd. 3. Contractor. "Contractor" means a person who in the ordinary course of business buys agricultural commodities grown or raised in this state or who contracts with a producer to grow or raise agricultural commodities in this state.

Subd. 3a. [Renumbered subd 3c]

Subd. 3b. Grain. "Grain" has the meaning given in section 223.16, subdivision 4.

Subd. 3c. Legible type. "Legible type" means a typeface at least as large as ten-point modern type, one-point leaded.

Subd. 4. Producer. "Producer" means a person who produces or causes to be produced an agricultural commodity in a quantity beyond the person's own family use and:

(1) is able to transfer title to another; or

(2) provides management, labor, machinery, facilities, or any other production input for the production of an agricultural commodity.

History: 1990 c 517 s 1; 2000 c 470 s 1-3; 2002 c 373 s 4,5

Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Minnesota may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.