2017 Minnesota Statutes
Chapters 116J - 116O — ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT AND PLANNING
Chapter 116L — WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT
Section 116L.42 — JOBS TRAINING GRANTS.
Subdivision 1. Recovery of program costs. Amounts paid by employers for program costs are repaid by a job training grant equal to the lesser of the following:
(1) the amount of program costs specified in the agreement for the project; or
(2) the amount of program costs paid by the employer for new employees under a project.
Subd. 2. Reports. (a) By February 1, 2018, the commissioner shall report to the governor and the legislature on the program. The report must include at least:
(1) the amount of grants issued under the program;
(2) the number of individuals receiving training under the program, including the number of new hires who are individuals with disabilities;
(3) the number of new hires attributable to the program, including the number of new hires who are individuals with disabilities;
(4) an analysis of the effectiveness of the grant in encouraging employment; and
(5) any other information the commissioner determines appropriate.
(b) The report to the legislature must be distributed as provided in section 3.195.
History: 1Sp2015 c 1 art 2 s 8