2015 Minnesota Statutes
Chapters 237 - 238 — TELECOMMUNICATIONS
Chapter 237 — TELEPHONE, TELEGRAPH, TELECOMMUNICATIONS
Section 237.121 — PROHIBITED PRACTICES.
(a) A telephone company or telecommunications carrier may not do any of the following with respect to services regulated by the commission:
(1) upon request, fail to disclose in a timely and uniform manner information necessary for the design of equipment and services that will meet the specifications for interconnection;
(2) intentionally impair the speed, quality, or efficiency of services, products, or facilities offered to a consumer under a tariff, contract, or price list;
(3) fail to provide a service, product, or facility to a consumer other than a telephone company or telecommunications carrier in accordance with its applicable tariffs, price lists, or contracts and with the commission's rules and orders;
(4) refuse to provide a service, product, or facility to a telephone company or telecommunications carrier in accordance with its applicable tariffs, price lists, or contracts and with the commission's rules and orders;
(5) impose unreasonable or discriminatory restrictions on the resale of its services, provided that:
(i) it may require that residential service may not be resold as a different class of service; and
(ii) the commission may prohibit resale of services it has approved for provision for not-for-profit entities at rates less than those offered to the general public; or
(6) provide telephone service to a person acting as a telephone company or telecommunications carrier if the commission has ordered the telephone company or telecommunications carrier to discontinue service to that person.
(b) A telephone company or telecommunications carrier may not violate a provision of section 325F.693, with regard to any of the services provided by the company or carrier.History:
1995 c 156 s 4,25; 1997 c 68 s 1; 1997 c 223 s 6; 2003 c 97 s 2
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Minnesota may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.