2005 Minnesota Statutes - 148D.190 — Grounds for action.
148D.190 Grounds for action.
Subdivision 1. Scope. The grounds for action in subdivisions 2 to 4 and the standards of practice requirements in sections 148D.195 to 148D.240 apply to all licensees and applicants.
Subd. 2. Violations. The board has grounds to take action pursuant to sections 148D.255 to 148D.270 when a social worker violates:
(1) a statute or rule enforced by the board, including this section and sections 148D.195 to 148D.240;
(2) a federal or state law or rule related to the practice of social work; or
(3) an order, stipulation, or agreement agreed to or issued by the board.
Subd. 3. Conduct before licensure. A violation of the requirements specified in this section and sections 148D.195 to 148D.240 is grounds for the board to take action under sections 148D.255 to 148D.270. The board's jurisdiction to exercise the powers provided in this section extends to an applicant or licensee's conduct that occurred before licensure if:
(1) the conduct did not meet the minimum accepted and prevailing standards of professional social work practice at the time the conduct occurred; or
(2) the conduct adversely affects the applicant or licensee's present ability to practice social work in conformity with the requirements of sections 148D.195 to 148D.240.
Subd. 4. Unauthorized practice. The board has grounds to take action pursuant to sections 148D.255 to 148D.270 when a social worker:
(1) practices outside the scope of practice authorized by section 148D.050;
(2) engages in the practice of social work without a social work license under section 148D.055 or 148D.060, except when the social worker is exempt from licensure pursuant to section 148D.065;
(3) provides social work services to a client who receives social work services in this state, and is not licensed pursuant to section 148D.055 or 148D.060, except when the social worker is exempt from licensure pursuant to section 148D.065.
HIST: 2005 c 147 art 1 s 43
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Minnesota may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.