2005 Minnesota Statutes - 148D.030 — Duties of the board.
148D.030 Duties of the board.
Subdivision 1. Duties. The board must perform the duties necessary to promote and protect the public health, safety, and welfare through the licensure and regulation of persons who practice social work in this state. These duties include, but are not limited to:
(1) establishing the qualifications and procedures for individuals to be licensed as social workers;
(2) establishing standards of practice for social workers;
(3) holding examinations or contracting with the Association of Social Work Boards or a similar examination body designated by the board to hold examinations to assess applicants' qualifications;
(4) issuing licenses to qualified individuals pursuant to sections 148D.055 and 148D.060;
(5) taking disciplinary, adversarial, corrective, or other action pursuant to sections 148D.255 to 148D.270 when an individual violates the requirements of this chapter;
(6) assessing fees pursuant to sections 148D.175 and 148D.180; and
(7) educating social workers and the public on the requirements of the board.
Subd. 2. Rules. The board may adopt and enforce rules to carry out the duties specified in subdivision 1.
HIST: 2005 c 147 art 1 s 11
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Minnesota may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.