2005 Minnesota Statutes - 147A.02 — Qualifications for registration.
147A.02 Qualifications for registration.
Except as otherwise provided in this chapter, an individual shall be registered by the board before the individual may practice as a physician assistant.
The board may grant registration as a physician assistant to an applicant who:
(1) submits an application on forms approved by the board;
(2) pays the appropriate fee as determined by the board;
(3) has current certification from the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants, or its successor agency as approved by the board;
(4) certifies that the applicant is mentally and physically able to engage safely in practice as a physician assistant;
(5) has no licensure, certification, or registration as a physician assistant under current discipline, revocation, suspension, or probation for cause resulting from the applicant's practice as a physician assistant, unless the board considers the condition and agrees to licensure;
(6) submits any other information the board deems necessary to evaluate the applicant's qualifications; and
(7) has been approved by the board.
All persons registered as physician assistants as of June 30, 1995, are eligible for continuing registration renewal. All persons applying for registration after that date shall be registered according to this chapter.
HIST: 1995 c 205 art 1 s 2; 2004 c 279 art 2 s 1
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Minnesota may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.