2005 Minnesota Statutes - 144E.16 — Rules; local standards.
144E.16 Rules; local standards.
Subdivision 1. Repealed, 1999 c 245 art 9 s 66
Subd. 2. Repealed, 1999 c 245 art 9 s 66
Subd. 3. Repealed, 1999 c 245 art 9 s 66
Subd. 4. Rules. The board may adopt rules needed to regulate ambulance services in the following areas:
(1) applications for licensure;
(2) personnel qualifications and staffing standards;
(3) quality of life support treatment;
(4) restricted treatments and procedures;
(5) equipment standards;
(6) ambulance standards;
(7) communication standards, equipment performance and maintenance, and radio frequency assignments;
(9) scheduled ambulance services;
(10) ambulance services in time of disaster;
(11) basic, intermediate, advanced, and refresher emergency care course programs;
(12) continuing education requirements;
(13) trip reports;
(14) license fees, vehicle fees, and expiration dates; and
(15) waivers and variances.
Subd. 5. Local government's powers. (a) Local units of government may, with the approval of the board, establish standards for ambulance services which impose additional requirements upon such services. Local units of government intending to impose additional requirements shall consider whether any benefit accruing to the public health would outweigh the costs associated with the additional requirements.
(b) Local units of government that desire to impose additional requirements shall, prior to adoption of relevant ordinances, rules, or regulations, furnish the board with a copy of the proposed ordinances, rules, or regulations, along with information that affirmatively substantiates that the proposed ordinances, rules, or regulations:
(1) will in no way conflict with the relevant rules of the board;
(2) will establish additional requirements tending to protect the public health;
(3) will not diminish public access to ambulance services of acceptable quality; and
(4) will not interfere with the orderly development of regional systems of emergency medical care.
(c) The board shall base any decision to approve or disapprove local standards upon whether or not the local unit of government in question has affirmatively substantiated that the proposed ordinances, rules, or regulations meet the criteria specified in paragraph (b).
Subd. 6. Repealed, 1999 c 245 art 9 s 66
HIST: 1997 c 199 s 11; 1999 c 245 art 9 s 31
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Minnesota may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.