2021 Michigan Compiled Laws
Chapter 722 - Children
Act 260 of 2008 - Guardianship Assistance Act (722.871 - 722.881)
AN ACT to provide for assistance payments to certain guardians of minors; and to provide for duties and responsibilities of certain state departments and agencies.
History: 2008, Act 260, Imd. Eff. Aug. 4, 2008 ;-- Am. 2009, Act 15, Imd. Eff. Apr. 9, 2009
- Section 722.871 - Short Title.
- Section 722.872 - Definitions.
- Section 722.873 - Guardianship Assistance; Eligibility.
- Section 722.874 - Guardianship Assistance; Payment to Eligible Guardian; Criteria; Eligibility for Federal Funding Under Title Iv-E; Sibling Ineligible for Federal Funding; Successor Guardian.
- Section 722.875 - Guardianship Assistance; Negotiating and Entering Guardianship Assistance Agreement; Specifications; Duration; Limitation on Payment; Review by Department; Eligibility Determination.
- Section 722.875a - Permanency Plan Including Placement With Guardian and Receipt of Guardianship Assistance Payments; Information to Be Included in Case Service Plan.
- Section 722.875b - Legal Guardianship as Judicially Created Relationship; Transfer of Parental Rights to Guardian.
- Section 722.875c - Guardianship Assistance; Successor Guardian.
- Section 722.875d - Rules.
- Section 722.876 - Guardianship Assistance; Prohibition; Conditions; Notice of Termination.
- Section 722.877 - Public or Private Medical Insurance or Assistance; Application and Maintenance.
- Section 722.878 - Collecting, Assembling, and Reporting Data and Information.
- Section 722.879 - Appeal of Decision.
- Section 722.880 - Repealed. 2009, Act 15, Imd. Eff. Apr. 9, 2009.
- Section 722.881 - Postpermanency Services; Eligibility.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.