2021 Michigan Compiled Laws
Chapter 257 - Motor Vehicles
Act 300 of 1949 - Michigan Vehicle Code (257.1 - 257.923)
300-1949-VI - Chapter VI Obedience to and Effect of Traffic Laws (257.601...257.750)
300-1949-VI-EQUIPMENT - Equipment (257.683... 257.714b)
- Section 257.683 - Driving or Moving Vehicle in Unsafe Condition; Condition and Adjustment of Parts and Equipment; Stopping and Inspecting Vehicle; Citation; Training Requirements as Motor Carrier Enforcement Officer; Additional Parts and Accessories; Exceptions; Violation as Civil Infraction.
- Section 257.684 - Head Lamps; Lighting, Distance, Height.
- Section 257.684a - Implement of Husbandry; Sale; Requirements; Posting Standards.
- Section 257.685 - Head Lamps; Number; Modulator; Height; Auxiliary, Spot, or Other Lamp; Exemption.
- Section 257.686 - Rear Lamps; Exemption; Requirements for Implement of Husbandry; Pickup Camper.
- Section 257.687 - Special Lamps for Passenger Buses, Trucks and Trailers.
- Section 257.688 - Additional Lights or Reflectors on Vehicles.
- Section 257.689 - Clearance and Marker Lamps and Reflectors; Color.
- Section 257.690 - Reflectors, Clearance Lamps, and Side Marker Lamps; Mounting.
- Section 257.691 - Clearance and Marker Lamps and Reflectors; Visibility.
- Section 257.692 - Combination Vehicles; Obstructed Lights, Lighting Requirements.
- Section 257.693 - Lamp or Flag on Projecting Load.
- Section 257.694 - Parked Vehicles; Lighting.
- Section 257.695 - Minimum Lighting for All Vehicles.
- Section 257.696 - Spot Lamps; Fog Lamps.
- Section 257.697 - Signal Lamps or Devices; Exemption.
- Section 257.697a - Sale or Operation of Certain Vehicles Unlawful; Exception.
- Section 257.697b - Rear Stop Lamps.
- Section 257.698 - Side Cowl or Fender Lamps; Running Board Courtesy Lamp; Backing Lights; Lamp or Reflector; Flashing, Oscillating, or Rotating Lights; Private Motor Vehicle of Security Guard Agency or Alarm Company; Use of Lights Authorized or Required Under MCL 257.697, 257.697a, and 257.698a; Violation as Civil Infraction.
- Section 257.698a - Vehicular Traffic Hazard; Front and Rear Warning Lamps.
- Section 257.699 - Multiple Beam Road Lighting Equipment; Requirements and Limitations.
- Section 257.700 - Multiple-Beam Road Lighting Equipment; Oncoming Traffic; Intensity.
- Section 257.701 - Single-Beam Road-Lighting Equipment; Intensity.
- Section 257.702 - Head Lamps on Mopeds; Single Beam or Multiple Beam Type; Requirements and Limitations.
- Section 257.703 - Slow-Moving Vehicles; Reduced Lighting Power.
- Section 257.704 - Special Restriction as to Direction of Certain Lights.
- Section 257.705 - Brake Equipment.
- Section 257.705a - Brake Fluid Specifications.
- Section 257.706 - Horn or Other Warning Device; Siren, Whistle, Air Horn, or Bell; Theft Alarm Signal Device.
- Section 257.707 - Muffler, Engine, Power Mechanism, and Exhaust System; Requirements; Prohibitions.
- Section 257.707a - Definitions Used in MCL 257.707a to 257.707e.
- Section 257.707b - Exhaust System; Requirements.
- Section 257.707c - Noise Limitations; Prohibitions; Violation as Civil Infraction.
- Section 257.707d - Violations; Penalties; Liability; Prima Facie Evidence.
- Section 257.707e - Test Instrumentation and Procedures; Rules; Local Vehicle Noise Rules.
- Section 257.707f - Appropriation.
- Section 257.708 - Mirrors.
- Section 257.708a - Windshields; Goggles, Eyeglasses, or Face Shields.
- Section 257.708b - Operating Motor Vehicle With Television or Similar Electronic Device Viewable by Operator Prohibited; Exceptions; Location of Permitted Visual Device; Special Permit for Research Vehicle; Violation as Civil Infraction.
- Section 257.709 - Windshields and Windows; Prohibitions; Rearview Mirrors; Exceptions; Windshield Wipers; Exemption; Hot Air Windshield Defroster or Electrically Heated Windshield or Other Device; Windshield Device; Definitions.
- Section 257.710 - Tires; Studs or Other Traction Devices; Rules; Exceptions; Use or Sale of Unsafe Tires Prohibited.
- Section 257.710a - Safety Belts and Restraining Devices; Standards, Rules and Regulations.
- Section 257.710b - Safety Belts; Bolts and Brackets.
- Section 257.710c - Bumpers; Height Limitations; Lift Blocks; Prohibited Modifications; Construction of Section; Applicability; Definitions.
- Section 257.710d - Child Restraint System Required; Position; Exceptions; Violation as Civil Infraction; Points; Abstract; Exemption by Rules; Alternate Means of Protection.
- Section 257.710e - Safety Belt Required; Driver or Passenger to Which Section Inapplicable; Transporting Child 4 Years of Age but Less Than 16 Years of Age; Use of Lap Belt for Purpose of Road Construction or Maintenance; Enforcement of Section; Violation as Evidence of Negligence; Reduction of Recovery for Damages; Violation as Civil Infraction; Reports of Police Harassment; Effect of Primary Enforcement; Report of Findings; Intent; Assessment of Points Prohibited.
- Section 257.710f - Adoption of Program to Encourage Compliance.
- Section 257.710g - Child Car Seat Safety Grant Program; Establishment.
- Section 257.711 - Safety Glass Required; Safety Plastic on Buses; “Safety Glass” Defined; Penalties.
- Section 257.711a - Repealed. 1990, Act 188, Eff. Aug. 15, 1990.
- Section 257.712, 257.713 - Repealed. 2002, Act 282, Imd. Eff. May 9, 2002.
- Section 257.714 - Repealed. 1980, Act 487, Imd. Eff. Jan. 21, 1981.
- Section 257.714a, 257.714b - Repealed. 2005, Act 179, Imd. Eff. Oct. 20, 2005.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.