2020 Michigan Compiled Laws
Chapter 554 - Real and Personal Property
Act 418 of 1988 Uniform Statutory Rule Against Perpetuities (554.71 - 554.78)
AN ACT to adopt the uniform statutory rule against perpetuities.
History: 1988, Act 418, Imd. Eff. Dec. 27, 1988
- Section 554.71 Short Title.
- Section 554.72 Nonvested Property Interest; General Power of Appointment, Nongeneral Power of Appointment, or General Testamentary Power of Appointment; Validity; Language Measuring Time Period From Creation of Trust or Other Property Arrangement.
- Section 554.73 Nonvested Property Interest or Power of Appointment; Time of Creation.
- Section 554.74 Reforming Disposition; Petition.
- Section 554.75 Applicability of MCL 554.72; "Second Power" Defined.
- Section 554.76 Nonvested Property Interest or Power of Appointment to Which Act Applicable; Violation of Rule Against Perpetuities; Reforming Disposition.
- Section 554.77 Application and Construction of Act.
- Section 554.78 Conditional Effective Date.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.