2018 Michigan Compiled Laws
Chapter 600 - Revised Judicature Act of 1961
Act 236 of 1961 REVISED JUDICATURE ACT OF 1961 (600.101 - 600.9948)
236-1961-58 CHAPTER 58 LIMITATION OF ACTIONS (600.5801...600.5869)
- Section 600.5801 Limitation on actions; time periods; defendant claiming title under deed, court-ordered sale, tax deed, or will; other cases.
- Section 600.5803 Foreclosure of mortgages.
- Section 600.5805 Injuries to persons or property; period of limitations; "adjudication," "criminal sexual conduct," and "dating relationship" defined.
- Section 600.5807 Damages for breach of contract; specific performance; period of limitations; bond; deed; mortgage; surety bond; appeal bond; public obligations; other actions.
- Section 600.5809 Action to enforce noncontractual money obligations; limitations.
- Section 600.5811 Common carriers; charges and overcharges; definitions.
- Section 600.5813 Other personal actions.
- Section 600.5815 Scope of limitations; legal and equitable; laches.
- Section 600.5821 Recovery of land or public ground; period of limitations; personal actions; maintenance, care, and treatment of persons in state institutions.
- Section 600.5823 Counterclaims.
- Section 600.5825 Effect of limits running in favor of some joint obligors but not all.
- Section 600.5827 Accrual of claim.
- Section 600.5829 Accrual of claim; right of entry or recovery of possession of land.
- Section 600.5831 Accrual of claim; mutual and open account current.
- Section 600.5833 Accrual of claim; breach of warranty of quality or fitness.
- Section 600.5834 Accrual of claim; common carriers; charges; overcharges.
- Section 600.5835 Accrual of claim; life insurance; presumption of death.
- Section 600.5836 Accrual of claim; installment contracts.
- Section 600.5837 Accrual of claim; alimony.
- Section 600.5838 Claim based on malpractice; accrual; commencement of action; burden of proof; limitations.
- Section 600.5838a Claim based on medical malpractice; accrual; definitions; commencement of action; burden of proof; applicability of subsection (2); limitations.
- Section 600.5838b Action for legal malpractice; commencement; limitation; definitions.
- Section 600.5839 Period of limitations on actions against licensed architect, professional engineer, contractor, or licensed professional surveyor; definitions; applicability.
- Section 600.5841 Accrual of claim; to person other than person bringing action.
- Section 600.5843 Accrual of claim; regaining possession of land; subsequent loss; effect.
- Section 600.5851 Disabilities of infancy or insanity; tacking of successive disabilities prohibited; year of grace; removing disability of infancy; claim alleging medical malpractice accruing to person 8 years old or less or 13 years old or less; disability of imprisonment; “release from imprisonment” defined.
- Section 600.5851a Court action by minor victim of female genital mutilation; recovery of damages; limitation; "female genital mutilation" defined.
- Section 600.5851b Court action by minor victim of criminal sexual conduct; exception to period of limitations; right to bring action under MCL 600.5851; "adjudication" and "criminal sexual conduct" defined.
- Section 600.5852 Death before period of limitations has run or within 30 days thereafter; commencement of action; death or legal incapacitation of personal representative; limitation on commencement of action.
- Section 600.5853 Absence from state.
- Section 600.5854 War; inability to prosecute; period of limitation.
- Section 600.5855 Fraudulent concealment of claim or identity of person liable; discovery.
- Section 600.5856 Tolling of statute of limitations or repose.
- Section 600.5861 Cause of action accruing without state; limitation on commencement of action.
- Section 600.5865 Endorsement or memorandum of payment; evidence.
- Section 600.5866 Revival of barred claim; written acknowledgment of obligor.
- Section 600.5867 Presumption as to possession of land; exception.
- Section 600.5868 Entry and possession.
- Section 600.5869 Rights governed by law under which right accrued.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.