2018 Michigan Compiled Laws
Chapter 552 - Divorce
R.S. of 1846 Revised Statutes of 1846 (552.1 - 552.46)
R-S-1846-552-1-84 CHAPTER 84 Chapter 84. Of Divorce. (552.1...552.46)
R-S-1846-552-1-84-DIVORCE DIVORCE (552.1...552.46)
- Section 552.1 Invalidity of marriages; legitimacy of issue.
- Section 552.2 Invalidity of marriages; marriage of person under age of consent, marriage by fraud, lack of cohabitation.
- Section 552.3 Marriage of doubtful validity; procedure to annul.
- Section 552.4 Marriage of doubtful validity; procedure to affirm.
- Section 552.5 Repealed. 1951, Act 14, Eff. Sept. 28, 1951.
- Section 552.6 Complaint for divorce; filing; grounds; answer; judgment.
- Section 552.7 Action for separate maintenance; filing; grounds; answer; effect of admission; counterclaim for divorce; judgment.
- Section 552.8 Repealed. 1971, Act 75, Eff. Jan. 1, 1972.
- Section 552.9 Judgment of divorce; residency requirement; exception.
- Section 552.9a Decree of divorce; conditions.
- Section 552.9b, 552.9c Repealed. 1958, Act 227, Imd. Eff. May 26, 1958.
- Section 552.9d Repealed. 1971, Act 75, Eff. Jan. 1, 1972.
- Section 552.9e Divorce; cause occurring out of state, residence.
- Section 552.9f Divorce; taking of testimony; minor children; perpetuating testimony; nonresident defendant, residence of plaintiff.
- Section 552.10 Repealed. 1971, Act 75, Eff. Jan. 1, 1972.
- Section 552.11 Action for divorce; answer without oath.
- Section 552.12 Suit; conduct, power of court.
- Section 552.13 Alimony; costs; termination.
- Section 552.14 Action for annulment, divorce, or separate maintenance; entering personal protection order.
- Section 552.15 Care, custody, and support of minor children during pendency of action; support order; enforcement.
- Section 552.16 Care, custody, and support of minor child after annulment or judgment of divorce or separate maintenance; enforcement.
- Section 552.16a Repealed. 2001, Act 107, Eff. Sept. 30, 2001.
- Section 552.17 Revision and alteration of judgment concerning care, custody, maintenance, and support of children; enforceability of order.
- Section 552.17a Jurisdiction of court; application for modification of judgment or order; waiver of contempt.
- Section 552.18 Rights or contingent rights in and to vested or unvested benefits or accumulated contributions as part of marital estate subject to award by court; amendment of court order to satisfy requirements of eligible domestic relations order.
- Section 552.19 Restoration of real and personal estate to parties.
- Section 552.20 Real and personal property or money in lieu thereof; delivery or payment to trustee; investment; application of income.
- Section 552.21 Payment of principal sum on court order; bonds.
- Section 552.22 Disclosure of property.
- Section 552.23 Judgment of divorce or separate maintenance; further award of real and personal estate; transmittal of payments to department of human services; service fee; failure or refusal to pay service fee; contempt; “state disbursement unit” or “SDU” defined.
- Section 552.24 Centralized receipt and disbursement of support and fees.
- Section 552.27 Alimony or allowance for support and education of children as lien; default; powers of court.
- Section 552.28 Judgment for alimony or allowance or for appointment of trustees; revision or alteration.
- Section 552.29 Presumption of legitimacy.
- Section 552.30 Legitimacy of issue; dissolution of marriage.
- Section 552.31 Legitimacy of issue; dissolution of bigamous marriage entered into in good faith.
- Section 552.34 Action to annul marriage of minor.
- Section 552.35 Marriage annulment; action by party's next friend.
- Section 552.36 Marriage annulment; action by party to marriage.
- Section 552.37 Marriage annulment; ground of force or fraud; effect of voluntary cohabitation.
- Section 552.38 Marriage annulment; ground of force or fraud; custody and maintenance of issue.
- Section 552.39 Marriage annulment; ground of physical incapacity; party to maintain; time limitation of suit.
- Section 552.40-552.42 Repealed. 1971, Act 75, Eff. Jan. 1, 1972.
- Section 552.43 Divorce from bed and board; decree; limited time, revocation.
- Section 552.44 Repealed. 1971, Act 75, Eff. Jan. 1, 1972.
- Section 552.45 Children; enumeration in complaint; notice to prosecutor of friend of court; decree opposition, interest of prosecutor or partners in case.
- Section 552.46 Repealed. 1971, Act 75, Eff. Jan. 1, 1972.
Disclaimer: These codes may not be the most recent version. Michigan may have more current or accurate information. We make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained on this site or the information linked to on the state site. Please check official sources.